.

.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Wrap it up.

Another weekend comes to a close...and, as usual, I don't want to leave.

The sun is setting, but it is obscured by clouds this evening. 
It always seems as though the weather is just as sad as I am for leaving. 

As I pounded away at religious studies, my companions were hard at work.
Went out to snap some of their work prior to the daylight completely fading.

"I really enjoyed weeding!"
 Yes, she really said that. I know...weird.
We are planning on lavender and coastal strawberry plants eventually replacing what is in there now. I like the idea of different herbs, too, like mint, basil, thyme, and rosemary. 
The deer should really love those choices! 

Hahaha! The Super-Handy-Man-Fix-It-Guy!
Truly, he can fix anything! Today, he moved rocks to turn our
defunct water-feature into a succulent garden.
here is the stairway to the canal...
Fix-It-Man is creating a land-based dock for our kayaks
the photog's R2 slippers - random shot!
This weekend the surf was supposed to be exceptionally high, but I didn't get a chance to take it in. Too much studying to do. But, we did manage to relax a bit with a Fred Astaire movie that was highly entertaining, and indulged in a good discussion about my essay about Catherine of Siena. Our tradition of Sunday pocket meals was yummy, as usual, and I can't even begin to express my gratitude for this peaceful, wonderful place to experience and enjoy.

The wind is starting to blow and I can hear the waves crashing in the distance.
My guardian seagull, who was floating serenely in the canal in front of my study, 
has left for the evening, and I need to pack up my stuff to head back to civilization.
But, I will leave you with the beautiful shot of the moon I captured Friday evening upon our arrival - 


Until next weekend.

2 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

Your R2 slippers make me smile!

Mole said...

That is also my moon, yes? Same one, yes? Don't think it looked quite that lovely from this side of the continent, my friend. Such a beautiful shot.